Friday, May 21, 2010

||| * iT's A loVe StoRy, BabY juSt sAy yEs ♥♥♥ * |||

I love the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. I used to sing it all the time...such a lovely song. It's still one of my favorites. The reason I decided to write about it is because I found an editorial about Romeo and Juliet featured in Vogue US 2008. It's called "Love of a Lifetime" and it was photographed by Annie Leibowitz. Ballet dancer Roberto Bolle was invited by Vogue magazine to star alongside model Coco Rocha in this fashionable version of Romeo&Juliet. Juliet - aka Coco - parades in couture dresses, among which, one signed by Christian Lacroix (ball scene) and a gorgeous Alexander McQueen red silk tulle gown used for the tragic end scene. Each of the images remind me of a particular line from the song. 

We were both young when I fist saw you, I close my eyes and the flashbacks starts, I am standing there...on a balcony in summer air...

See the lights, see the party, the ball gown; See you make your way through the crowd and say Hello...

You were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles...My daddy said,"stay away from Juliet"...

I sneak out to the garden to see you, we keep quiet coz we're dead if they knew..so close your eyes, escape this town for a little while.....

This Love is difficult but it's real...Don't be afraid we'll make it out of this mess...

I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around, my faith in you was fading....

Marry Me Juliet, you'll never have to be alone, I talked to your Dad, go pick out a white dress...

It's a Love Story, Baby just say "YES".....

I hope you guys liked my rendition of this editorial..haha...Have a great Friday :)


♥♥♥

3 comments:

Audrey Allure said...

Gorgeous editorial, and love that song too!

Just stumbled by your page
& I love your blog! :)
- Audrey Allure. <3
http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Beautiful editorial...I love Annie Leibowitz..her images are almost like paintings...

Have a great weekend!

Cheers: Evi

bollywoodstylediaries said...

loved it since u have a happy ending!! i am a sucker for everything romantic:-)

Template by:

Free Blog Templates