Wednesday, August 24, 2011

High School Fashion 1969

Hope all you ladies are doing great. I haven't been able to blog in a week because I had been working night shifts and by the time I get home I am just so tired and not in a mood to write. But I am back to my regular schedule and hours today so I will have plenty of time to write. One more thing before I start blabbering about today's post, I started P90X yesterday. I have heard a lootttt of good things about it and I wanna see if I can lose some of the belly fat I have. I am not fat or anything in fact I weigh like 91 lbs which is good since I am like 5 feet tall but I do wanna get rid of the belly fat. I did used to be like 120 something which made me look not skinny (I don't know why but I hate using the word fat :P ). So I started it yesterday, planning on toning my abs and I have been dieting and running for a while so that part is covered. The girl from the new Transformers movie, what's her name? Rosie something right?? yea she is my motivation. Every time I see her I think to myself "Damn I want that body" that's what I was thinking when I was watching the movie and also the car she drives in the movie :P So ya wish me luck and hopefully I can look like her only I ll be a little more Indian instead of White :P My husband gets so proud of me when i work out, hehe because he is big into being fit and all. Too bad though he won't be here for me to show him my progress, he leaves for Iraq in like 20 days *tears* 

Anyways, I found these pictures that were taken for Life magazine and old I am thinking. Let's see them pictures first: 









Because of the whole Vintage- Era going on on my blog, I thought this would be the best time to share these pictures :P. Some outfits I adore but some I would not even dare wearing it not because they look ugly or something but I don't think I can pull them off. What do you think about the fashion? 

Have an awesome week ahead,

Chocolate cupcakes & Awesome shoes,
-Zi

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post :) such motivation it is! A victoria's secret angel hehehe, u can do it babe, we all support u! working out is way healthier as well :)

lovely pics btw!

xx
Erika
http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i love vintage style clothing, what I like to do is mix a bit of vintage withh some modern clothes :) that's basically m look

TheDollsFactory said...

wow these girls were really fashionable back then
Amazing!!!
Always following
The Dolls Factory

Mademoiselle Rock'n'Roll said...

What a lovely blog!Following you now=)

Love,

Paula.

Lizzy said...

I love vintage fashion :D I think everything was bigger and more colorful back then. I think the vintage fashion is making a big comeback! :)

xoxo
lizzy

Lizzy said...

P.S I have nominated you for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD! :) Check out my post on my blog.

xoxo
lizzy

Beige Renegade said...

People back then just looked so happy and carefree~ the photos make it look like life was simpler then somehow.. xD the fashion reflects that

ninam said...

Aww! I love this post!
Good luck with your toning :)

Thanks for your comment!

xoxonina.com

Anonymous said...

looks so cool!

Zarna said...

love these photos - vintage is so inspiring!

Template by:

Free Blog Templates