Monday, August 8, 2011

Blame it on the Romans?!?! :/


 I was thinking today about what to write for a post because I didn't feel like posting pictures of just some article and be done with it so I asked a friend of mine about what I should write...and he gave me the idea for this. He thinks that guys who wears socks with sandals is just gross. I kinda agree with it. This right here is my favorite Fashion Faux Pas and was rated number 2 in the fashion sins that men commit and wearing socks with sandals goes back to the Romans? I am not so sure about that one, I just read it somewhere. May be its just me but I hate it when my husband goes out with me to the mall or wherever in his flip flops or his work out gear. He did it once and I got pissed (this was back when we were dating) and he asked me what was wrong with that and I said, "what would you think if I came to the mall in my sweat pants?" and he said "I won't go with you" and I said "that right there is exactly what's wrong with you wearing work out gear to the mall"...So wearing socks with sandals or flip flops is a big NO NO according to me...granted I do wear socks with flip flops but that's only when I am sitting behind my desk and I know I am not going to have any work to do. Besides that I have never ever done that. But it's different for women, the trend of socks with sandals for women is "IN" right now, you see models wearing them on runway shows and they look better when paired with a decent looking pair of heels..and plus women just know better lol so they would know how to pair socks and sandals properly and they won't be bad looking wooly socks from good ol' grandma days either but for men I am just not sure...First of all I don't think sandals look good on guys and then pair them with socks is just plain ugly. There was a time when I used to think sandals on guys were ok but it was also when I was back in India and I had no sense of style and didn't know squat about fashion :P I don't get what's the point of sandals with socks though, you wear sandals because it's hot outside but then you also wear socks with it?? I have seen guys wearing hideous looking socks with sandals kind of like these...

What the heck was he thinking??

ummmm...ew!!!
 I don't know how many male readers I have but if any man is reading this, please DON'T DO IT!!!! It's not attractive. And girls please don't let your guys do that either :D So that's all for right...

Have a good day ladies, until next time...


Kisses,
-Zi

7 comments:

Dana Paramita said...

what a cute socks <3
anyway check mine if you have a chance sweety ;)

Lizzy said...

Definitely agree with you! Sandals and socks! Wow, so far I haven't seen any men doing it but that is really...not cool :P Glad that isn't a BIG trend otherwise, men will just look...silly :P

xoxo
lizzy
lizzieness07.blogspot.com

Cinderella's Closet said...

I love the socks definitely, but for girls not for guys. Birkenstocks should be worn sans socks.

xoxo

Cinderella's Closet NYC

Ninja said...

Haha I am rather passionate about this cause as well. I have succeeded in stopping my bf from doing that (yay, one less of those in the world!).

I like the way you write :)

xxx Irinja (1millliondresses.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

OMG yes I can't stand socks with sandals haha. Cute blog (:

http://thehautebohemian.blogspot.com/

My Modern Vintage said...

cute blog!! thanks for visiting me and I will be back again :)
XX Ilana
www.mymodernvintagefashion.com

Anonymous said...

LMAO I did a blog post about this very subject although it did seem that designers like Chanel had adopted the style and tried to revive the male faux paux into a trendy woman's style.

Shanny

Template by:

Free Blog Templates