Friday, August 12, 2011

Gloomy Day Solution!!

I didn't do a post yesterday because I wasn't feeling too happy and sunny. I have these kinds of days sometimes, it's mostly because of an argument with someone or homesickness since I haven't seen my family in almost 3 and half years now. But anyways, so I use this thing called stumble-upon and basically what it does is shows you a random website based on your likeness and if you click the like button on the toolbar it will show you a similar website. I am pretty sure a lot of you have used it or at least heard about it. It's surprising how many people use stumble . So I started using that 2 years ago and I got hooked...It's perfect for me because my work is so boring, I basically just sit all day and have nothing to do. Yesterday I was stumbling and I landed on a website that had a post that said "33 movies to watch when you are sad". It was a perfect day for me to have found that post. So here I am going to share some with you guys just in case anyone of you have days like me every once in a while..

1. 10 things I hate about you.

I can't tell you how much I like this movie and adore Heath Ledger. He was a good looking guy :( 

2. 500 Days of Summer

This movie is so cute :) I love Zoey Deschanel, she is really pretty and somehow I also always confuse her with Katy Perry..lol..I also remember when I watched the movie when it came out, I got out of the theater and my dad called me from India and he asked me what movie I was watching and I said 500 days of summer and he goes, "Well a year only has 365 days, how did they count 500 days of summer" I am like dad, the girls name is summer and that is exactly what I thought when I first heard of the movie too..lol..my dad is so silly <3 But, anyways if you haven't seen it, you should.. :D


3. Bring it on!

Holy crap, I have seen all the bring it on movies and I love them. I would watch them over and over again and I actually do. They are so "high school" and it fascinates me because I never went to a high school in America therefore I never had the cheer leader experience or the prom or the homecoming..and that makes me sad :'( But these movies make me happy..


4. The Devil Wears Prada.

OMG!! This should have been number 1 on that list for me. I can never get tired of it and every time I watch this movie I wanna be an editor in fashion magazine..lol..the outfits are amazing and I fall in love with them all over again every time. Plus, I love Anne Hathaway.


5. The Clique

Now, I know this is a teen movie and the teen books but if you like drama then you will love them. I am a bitchy mean girl sometimes hehe so I kinda relate myself to them. :P But I have read all the books and I love the detailed description of the outfits and in my head they look pretty cute..lol I wish they would make movies out of the other books too. Tyra Banks needs to get to it soon :P


6. Legally Blonde

This movie always cheers me up. There was a time in my life when I saw this movie literally everyday for like 2 months I think. I love it so much that I remember it with dialogues..haha


7. Sex and the City

Now this movie everyone has seen :D I am not even going to say anything about it :D 


8. Dostana

Ok, I don't know how many of you like to watch foreign movies, but this is my "feel good" movie. It's an Indian movie and I would suggest you watch it if you don't mind reading subtitles. They have it on netflix. It's a movie about 2 guys who desperately want to rent this apartment but they can't because the landlady wants only girls to live there since her niece is going to be staying there too alone, so these 2 guys pretend to be gay but then the real problem begins when they find out that the girl is extremely hot and they both want to date her. It's really funny and all the white friends have watched it and they liked it. Even my husband who doesn't like watching any Indian movies loves this movie :D 


There is my list of feel good movies. There are other movies on that person's page, if you wanna check them out here. Hope this will help you make your gloomy days better. :) 

Take Care ladies, until next time.

Kisses,
-Zi.

4 comments:

Virginie's Cinema said...

Hey Zizi!

I love your feel good movie selection, The Devil Wears Prada is one of my favorite "chick flick" ever! Legally Blonde is a great suggestion too, nothing ever gets Elle's spirit down!

I love foreign movies and will check out Dostana for sure.

Some weeks are harder than others but luckily the week-end is upon us! I hope you feel better dear :)

Virginie ♥

Yuri said...

I have watched most of the movies from that list and loved them all! I agree they are a great choice for pick-me-ups movies ;)

I haven't watched Dostana and The Clique though..


YURI
http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

TheDollsFactory said...

except for Dostana which I haven't watched and never heard about I love the rest of those movies as well

Always following
The Dolls Factory

Bow Tied Beauty said...

Love all these movies! :) Especially devil wears prada, although I've never seen Dostana or The Clique

http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

x

Template by:

Free Blog Templates