Monday, August 15, 2011

Midi-val Times... get it?? hehe!!!

I read in a lot of magazines this season that the midi skirts with flares are coming back..well I mean we would have guessed that since the whole vintage fashion is back. You know what so funny, I saw somewhere last week that the wide legged pants are back in trend too and so I called my mom because she was in college when those were so in fashion and I have seen pictures of her in them..(my mom was a good looking woman..I don't know what happened :P lol nahh just kidding, she is 53 almost now but she doesn't look like she is that old, which is good I guess because may be I won't look old either. But considering that I am only 5 feet tall I am pretty sure I am getting carded every where for the rest of my life :P) So ya I called her and I told her," I wish you would have saved them so now I wouldn't have to go out and buy new ones" and she started laughing, she said she can't believe they are back in style and when she was in college she used to make her own pants because she didn't have money to go out and buy them. It's weird for me because me and my parents we grew up having very little money and we struggled a lot and now when I have enough money to spend and splurge I feel guilty, kind of. That's why I try to give things to my parents as much as I can because I don't want them to feel like I don't do anything for them. Indian parents are weird that way, they won't expect things from you but it's your duty to "serve" them when they get old because they brought you into this world and raised you and all that...I can go on and on about this all day long, so may be some other time.. hehe..


I miss my mommy :(
Anyways, what was I saying?!?!?! Oh, yess, the midi skirts...I am glad that people will be showing less skin now, Everyone wears mini skirts a lot, granted I wear them too but you gotta agree there is something just "magical"(couldn't find a better word lol) about the vintage fashion...raise your hands if you agree with me, not like I can see them but you can write in your comment *raised hand* lol. It automatically takes you back in the day, the memories of actresses and old films and they are all rules by midi skirts and flares. I used to wear them all the time as a kid too, even when they were out of style I'd still wear them (see, not very fashionable back in the day). People say that midis look lot better on tall girls, so what about short people like me? Hence I am going to share some tips I read somewhere on "How to wear a midi skirt". Check it out. :)

1) A skirt with texture and volume is easy. Taller girls can go as low as ankles but shorter girls should keep it just below the knee length.

2) Fitted midi skirts look great, pair them with a loose cropped top that ends at your waist. Shorter girls keep it above the calves.

3) Brightly colored skirts should be paired with duller tones.

4) Accessorize lightly with a long necklaces or statement rings and add a hat or a pair of big sunglasses. 

Here are some inspirations from fellow bloggers...

  
Twitchvintage
Beatabea 
Islabell 
Let me know what you guys think about midis and if you have any outfit posts with them, I would definitely love to check it out and get some inspiration. 

I also want to add that I am on my 96th follower now yay! and I am so excited that I made it this far and I am really appreciative of you girls who follow me and leave me sweet comments. They mean a lot to me. Thanks a lot for that and I want to have a giveaway when I reach my 100 followers. Until then, take care ladies. Have a good week and thanks once again for the support.

Chocolate cupcakes & awesome shoes,
-Zi.

11 comments:

erica marie said...

I have been seeing midi skirts everywhere too but I don't think I would wear one. I think it would shorten my legs...following, would love if you could stop by and follow if you like :)

erica
seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

nice blog :)

kisses,
Klaudia B.

The Chic Sheet said...

I love midi-skirt, but I am also almost 6 feet tall...However, I think anyone could look great in them! I actually post a pic of me wearing one with a cropped sweater for fall. <3

XX
Miranda
http://www.thechicsheet.net/

Carrie said...

aww, your mom looks so adorable! and i loe that turquoise midi skirt. super cute. :D

I'm having a Feather Earrings Giveaway. Come and join. :D
Feather Earrings Giveaway!

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Awww your mom is so beautiful!

Xx

http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

Chandana said...

Fashion is forever evolving.. so everything in the past always makes its way back to the present and future!
Nice post!

Do check out my blog - www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

Virginie's Cinema said...

Your mom is so cute!

I love the retro look so I'm all about wide leg jeans!

Virginie ♥

Lizzy said...

Hey!
Only 3 more followers till you reach 100! Congratulations ;D The vintage fashion is coming back and making a big trend :O I find that so many old fashions are making a big hit as trends. Like nerdy glasses! :D I love those vintage midi skirts. I think midi skirts are better than mini skirts :) less skin is good. Your mom is so pretty :D

xoxo
lizzy

Anonymous said...

great post!

Zarna said...

i love midi skirts :)

ninam said...

I don't have one of these skirts yet but I'd love to eventually get one!
Nice photos.
Thanks for your comment :)

xoxonina.com

Template by:

Free Blog Templates